The first step was identifying the right site medical director who would enjoy living and working in Malone, NY. Malone is a rural community but boasts an acclaimed 36-hole golf course and is one hour away from both Lake Placid and Montreal. This was just the right fit for Dr. Keri Gardner, who is an avid outdoorsperson but wanted to live within an easy drive of an NHL franchise. Her husband, an avid golfer and hockey player, was delighted to make the move.
Dr. Gardner brought strong leadership and detailed oversight to AHMC while working closely with the ED staff and nurse manager. Departmental processes were brainstormed at Process Improvement Team meetings and the right solutions were identified through repetitive cycles of measurement and changes. Working closely with hospital leadership, the ED staff hard-wired:
•   "Pull to Full" bedside triage and registration implemented
•   Staff huddles
•   Patient rounding
•   Bedside handoffs
•   Hospital-wide surge plan
And the data shows how with NES Health the ED did Get Better!
•   ED arrival-to-discharge time improved from 166 to 134 minutes.
•   ED arrival-to-provider times improved from 66 to 8 minutes.
•   Overall throughput times improved from 190 to 114 minutes.
•   LWBS percentages improved from 2.7 to 1.1%.
•   96% of patients surveyed "would recommend" the ED.
•   Increase in visits by 12% in 2014 compared with 2013.
It is not a provider of professional medical care services.