DEDICATED LEADERSHIP IMPROVES THROUGHPUT PERFORMANCE
Jackson Hospital, Montgomery AL
Starting with leadership excellence, Dr. Steven O’Mara, D.O., Site & Regional Medical Director with NES Healthcare fostered improvements and momentum driving best practices for a reliable emergency department. Dr. O’Mara’s 32+ years of leadership knowledge and experience directly impacts the ability to provide best practice services and transparency in achieving goals and delivering results.
Initial improvement opportunities addressed:
- Directing focused participation to improve throughput key metrics.
- Implementing meetings and defining focus teams to further efforts for ED excellence.
- Structuring plan to better utilize resources and core care spaces.
- Building leadership relationships and communication processes throughout hospital teams to align ED goals.
- DECREASED PATIENTS LWBS FROM 5% to <1%
- DECREASED DOOR to DOC TIME BY 20 MIN FROM 51 DOWN TO 31 MINUTES.
- DECREASED DOC to DISCHARGE TIME BY 35 MIN FROM 170 DOWN TO 135 MINUTES.
- >85% OVERALL PATIENT SATISFACTION FROM AVG. 25% OF PATIENTS SURVEYED.
- GREATER THAN 90% RETENTION RATE FOR ALL PROVIDERS.
- 4-STAR EMPLOYEE SATISFACTION FOR ALL ED PROVIDERS.