DEDICATED LEADERSHIP IMPROVES THROUGHPUT PERFORMANCE
Jackson Hospital, Montgomery AL
Widely-recognized Jackson Hospital is a 300+ bed medical center that provides comprehensive medical care to the Montgomery and Alabama River Region, treating over 51,000 patients annually. Dedicated leadership at Jackson Hospital partnered with NES Healthcare Group in 2016 to assist in improved practices and alignment for their vision of being “Central Alabama’s first choice for healthcare.” Collaborating with NES initiated innovative changes and improvement opportunities for Jackson’s arrival and discharge flow process, throughput metrics, and leadership communications.
Starting with leadership excellence, Dr. Steven O’Mara, D.O., Site & Regional Medical Director with NES Healthcare fostered improvements and momentum driving best practices for a reliable emergency department. Dr. O’Mara’s 32+ years of leadership knowledge and experience directly impacts the ability to provide best practice services and transparency in achieving goals and delivering results.
Initial improvement opportunities addressed:
- Directing focused participation to improve throughput key metrics.
- Implementing meetings and defining focus teams to further efforts for ED excellence.
- Structuring plan to better utilize resources and core care spaces.
- Building leadership relationships and communication processes throughout hospital teams to align ED goals.
- DECREASED PATIENTS LWBS FROM 5% to <1%
- DECREASED DOOR to DOC TIME BY 20 MIN FROM 51 DOWN TO 31 MINUTES.
- DECREASED DOC to DISCHARGE TIME BY 35 MIN FROM 170 DOWN TO 135 MINUTES.
- >85% OVERALL PATIENT SATISFACTION FROM AVG. 25% OF PATIENTS SURVEYED.
- GREATER THAN 90% RETENTION RATE FOR ALL PROVIDERS.
- 4-STAR EMPLOYEE SATISFACTION FOR ALL ED PROVIDERS.