Fayetteville VA Medical Center - Jobs/Careers
Fayetteville VA Medical Center, Fayetteville, North Carolina
Fayetteville is located in central North Carolina, within 10 miles of the Bragg Army Base and Pope Air Force Base. The Fayetteville Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) is a general medicine, surgery and mental health facility. The Fayetteville VAMC is a Complexity Level 2 Medical Center and is authorized 58 general medical, surgical, and mental health beds. It also maintains a 69-bed long-term care unit. The medical center serves Veterans in 19 counties in southeastern North Carolina and two counties in northeastern South Carolina.
- 18,000 annual ER volume
- 12 hour max physician shifts
- 58 medical beds, 69 long term care beds
- 10 bed state of the art ED (renovated 2012)
- Single ED coverage
- No trauma, pediatrics, or OB
- ED on-call room located in ED, equipped with cot, bathroom, shower, and TV.
- Attending physicians on-call 24 hours a day
- Board Certified in Emergency Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Emergency Room experience
- Any state medical license, BLS and ACLS
- Background Investigation
Full Time and Part Time Emergency Medicine Opportunities
What’s to love
Fayetteville has received the prestigious All-America City Award from the National Civic League three times. According to the 2011 United States Census estimate, the city has a population of 205,678. It currently ranks as the sixth-largest municipality in North Carolina. Fayetteville is in the Sandhills in the western part of the Coastal Plain region, on the Cape Fear River.
With an estimated population of 374,157, the Fayetteville metropolitan area is the largest in southeastern North Carolina, and the fifth-largest in the state. Suburban areas of metro Fayetteville include Fort Bragg, Hope Mills, Spring Lake, Raeford, Pope Field, Rockfish, Stedman, and Eastover.
- Average Summer High Temperature: 85
- Average Winter Low Temperature: 42
- Average Rainfall: 4 inches
- 100 Public Schools
- 200 Private Schools