Trinitas Regional Medical Center, Elizabeth, NJ
Established in January, 2000 following the consolidation of St. Elizabeth Hospital and Elizabeth General Medical Center, Trinitas Regional Medical Center is a full-service teaching hospital serving those who live and work in Central New Jersey.
Trinitas Regional Medical Center is a 554-bed state of the art, Catholic community hospital sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth in partnership with Elizabethtown Healthcare Foundation. Unlike many hospitals, Trinitas Regional is a full-service institution and, therefore, is fully-equipped and staffed to provide a complete range of care from general to very specialized services.
As a teaching hospital, Trinitas offers residency programs in Internal Medicine, General Psychiatry and Podiatry. In addition, Trinitas School of Nursing, Elizabeth, and Union County College, Cranford, New Jersey, conduct a Cooperative Nursing Program.
Emergency Department Facts:
- ED is currently undergoing an $18 million dollar expansion and renovation that will be complete in 2017; Phase 1 is complete.
- The new ED will have 45 treatment rooms
- Annual ED volume of 70,000
- 72 hours of physician coverage per day
- 24 hours of mid-level coverage per day
- Fast-track open 12-hours per day
- Dedicated Geriatric Unit
- 24/7 Cath lab, Hypothermia, Designated Stroke Center, Specialty Care Transport Team
- Hospitalist program
- New 128-Slice CT Scanner and dedicated ED ultrasound
- Base rate plus RVU bonus
- Independent contractor status
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Internal Medicine Residents rotate through the emergency department
Elizabeth, NJ – Area Information
Newark is ten minutes away from Elizabeth, where visitors can take advantage of minor league baseball and the New Jersey Performing Arts Center, which features the biggest entertainment names in the business.
New York City is just a couple of miles east across the Hudson River (about 30 minutes away via train from the Midtown Elizabeth, New Jersey Transit Train Station). Trains can connect you to just about anywhere you need to go in the state via the NJ Transit system.
Last year more than 15 million people visited Elizabeth’s Jersey Gardens Mall, the largest mall on the East Coast. Elizabeth is also home to the nation’s top performing IKEA store and the largest Toys-R-Us Kids World.
Sports and Entertainment:
Many of the area’s professional sports teams play about a half-hour away up north at the Met Life Sports Complex, including the NFL’s New York Giants and, New York Jets. As well as, NJ Metrostars and New Jersey Devils. There are many major concerts, fairs and special events that are held in this venue as well. The Meadowlands Race Track is also onsite, providing the finest horse racing events throughout the year.
For those who prefer to ride horses, Union County’s Watchung Stables is about a 20-minute drive from Elizabeth, and it offers bridle paths, lessons and rentals.
Parks and Beaches:
With approximately 46 parks, there’s always a little bit of something for everyone to enjoy in Elizabeth. Its main parks include Warinanco and Mattano Park, both belonging to the County system, and the majestic Veteran’s Memorial Waterfront Park.
The City’s most extensive park is Warinanco Park, a county park designed by the noted landscape architect Frederick Olmstead, who also designed New York’s Central Park. It’s truly a park for all seasons, with winding trails, huge trees, flower gardens, ice skating rink, track, fitness course, tennis courts, football, soccer and baseball fields.
- Population: 125,000
- Its people represent more than 50 countries and 37 language groups.
- Average Summer High Temperature: 86
- Average Winter Low Temperature: 42
- Average Rainfall Annually: 46.3
- Average Snowfall Annually: 28.6 inches
Elizabeth Public Schools:
New York City!
Shop, Play and Stay, Exit 13A